Thursday, August 6, 2009

The God Who Walks

I am reading through a new book written by Andrew Miller called God Stories. It is an examination of Scripture placing the gospel in the center of everything. It has already spoken to me through the first three chapters.

Have you ever noticed that God is a God of walking? Quoting Miller “Jesus walked over 750 miles during his three years in ministry”. Throughout the Old Testament God walks with his people, whether it’s Job, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, or Elijah.

I think for myself my most powerful memories of experiencing Christ has been on walks. Many times it is me walking alone working through the trials of life or the difficulties that sin has caused in my life. These walks of restoration have served as a refreshment to my soul. Do yourself a favor today and go on a walk with the creator of the universe because he is a God of walking.

No comments: