Friday, October 31, 2008

ESV Study Bible Top 8

I have owned the ESV study Bible for about a week now and have really enjoyed several features of the new study tools. 

  1. The color maps and images are amazing. It is really fascinating to see what the layout of Jerusalem was at the time of Christ, or get a picture of the details of the temple. 

  2. The insightfulness of the notes has been fabulous. So far as well I have noticed the notes align themselves with the type of questions that I am asking about the text. 

  3. I really enjoy the readability of the English Standard Version itself. I am going to have to be careful with telling others how great it is because in the end it is just one version of many English versions that are well written. 

  4. The online feature is amazing for me on many levels that will take up the rest of the list.

  5. I love being able to highlight the text and have it saved online. You get six colors to highlight the text in and then you can print it with the highlights. 

  6. I love being able to download maps and images for presentations in sermons and messages. 

  7. The adding notes feature is okay. It is most useful for scribbling some quick notes for later thoughts. 

  8. Finally, I like the fact they are going to update their notes online as they gain better insight or find other issues that should really be addressed. 
If you would like to learn more about the ESV Study Bible, click here

No comments: