Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Signing the Manhattan Declaration

R.C. Sproul writes:

The Manhattan Declaration confuses common grace and special grace by combining them. While I would march with the bishop of Rome and an Orthodox prelate to resist the slaughter of innocents in the womb, I could never ground that cobelligerency on the assumption that we share a common faith and a unified understanding of the gospel.


I appreciate this perspective and agree. It is so confusing to understand as a church what we hold as the center that anything which clouds it does not stick well with me. I like what the document say, I agree with everything it says but is suggests a different center not so much in words but the its mere existence. I didn't have the terminology to explain this earlier but RC Sproul I think articulates my heart well, that it confuses special grace and common grace issues.

HT: Challies

No comments: