Friday, May 28, 2010

Why I love the gospel?

1What causes quarrels and what causes fights among you? Is it not this, that your passions are at war within you? 2You desire and do not have, so you murder. You covet and cannot obtain, so you fight and quarrel. You do not have, because you do not ask. 3You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions. 4You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? ~ James 4:1-4

If the gospel of Jesus is the gospel I am pursuing then it should be moving me towards his likeness. James was more than moved by Jesus he was transformed by Jesus. James shrank while Christ grew and I need to do the same.

James pleads with the me to remain focused on the gospel, not the world. He pleads with me to avoid getting caught up in anger that leaves me faithless, coveting that leaves me no hope, and pride that kills my ability to love. Instead, I should be consumed by the Gospel message that cultivates a heart aware of his grace; overwhelmed by his love; bruised by his death; rejoicing in his hope.

No comments: