Thursday, January 22, 2009

Holding on the Nothing

Caedmon's Call has some great tunes and really makes me think about stuff. I like listening to music that makes me think about stuff. 

I hold on to nothing and like it. I like the comforts of this world and all of the stuff that I have accumulated. I like my iphone that allows me to check my email every five minutes. I like my apple computer that allows me to blog. I like my house that keeps the rain out. I like my Dodge truck that sucks up gas faster than I can fill it up. I like being able to go to coffee shops and restaurants. I like being able to watch TV and go to movies. 

It is lately been occurring to me though that these things really are nothing. They all go away in the end. They all are breaking down and not adding to my eternal whole. I don't think I am going to read or listen to Francis Chan anymore. Way to convicting. 

No comments: