Friday, November 28, 2008

Thankful

Thanksgiving is my favorite time of the year. I love it so much because it is really been the most impressive time for me to see the community of my students come to life. So many wonderful years have been spent watching college kids come home after their first months at school, while others come back to visit as young adults with jobs. It is also great because I know my high school students get such encouragement in their faith by watching the richness of the relationships between the older college students and their adult mentors and spiritual leaders.

I am most thankful for the picture that God gives me every year as this transpires. It truly is a moment where the church truly is the church in my life. I long for the day when we will all have rich relationships with one another that will not have the divide of sin hurting us. I am so thankful for the power of the Cross to rid us from this awful plague that sits in our midst. I am tankful for these momentary pictures of eternity.

No comments: